Tuesday 18 February 2014

Topshop Smokey Eye Palette


This is my first dabble into Topshop's makeup line and I have to say, I'm not disappointed. I absolutely love this little palette and it will continue to follow me around until it is empty!


The palette has four shades which work well on their own, but also blend beautifully together. The lightest shade is a beige with a slight pink tone to it. I love to wear this as a base for most looks, but it could easily be used on it's own with a simple black liner for that minimal approach. The next colour is a lovely taupe colour that I usually use in the crease to accompany the lightest shade. It's got a nice amount of shimmer through and can be built up a reasonable amount too. Thirdly is the chocolate brown that you see above. This shade also works really well in the crease and adds a great amount of depth when used in conjunction with the previous two colours. Finally, we have the darkest shade which is a black with a gold shimmer running through it. This works nicely along the lash line, but if you really want to go for a dramatic smokey eye you could also blend it through the crease with the rest of the colours. This last shade is what really takes this palette from everyday to evening.


I was really impressed with the pigmentation of this palette. It doesn't take much to build the colours up and the payoff is just beautiful. It comes with a decent mirror and the flat casing makes it ideal to travel with. Yep, I love it.

The Topshop Smokey Eye Palette in Aurora is available online at Topshop for $22.20 AUD.

Rachel x

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment