Tuesday 3 December 2013

REN Clarifying Clay Cleanser

 
I had been waiting to try this cult product for a while before finally biting the bullet and grabbing it online. The Clarifying Clay Cleanser from REN's ClearCalm series has received so much attention from the beauty world that I was convinced it was what I'd been needing.
 
This baby is so popular however, that it can be a real pain to get hold of. Going online, it is, more often that not, sold out. So when I saw on Mecca Cosmetica's site that it was back in stock, I clicked 'add to basket' without hesitation.

 
The cleanser itself is quite thick and is most comparable to a cream. However, there's something about it that makes it feel ... different. Yet it's not heavy like a clay mask. In fact, it feels light on the skin and moisturising. Yet when one massages it in for the recommended 1-2 minutes, it begins to dry a little and you feel the 'grit' of the clay. Having said that, it is not harsh and doesn't feel like it's exfoliating.
 
The cleanser has a lovely scent that reminds me a little of walking into a day spa. It's a very natural, earthy, heavy scent yet manages to remain uplifting. I love the feel of it on my skin as I can feel it working away instantly. It removes makeup well, but for its real job of clarifying the skin, I like to have already removed the bulk of the day's grime first. I also feel like I get the most out of the product when I massage it for a minute or two before rinsing, rather than just slapping it on and off.
 
As always, REN uses clean ingredients within their skincare. The site lists the main active ingredients in the Clarifying Clay Cleanser to be:
 
  • French Clay absorbs excess oil and purifies
  • Zinc Gluconate reduces production of sebum
  • Salicilin provides a mild exfoliation and has antibacterial properties
  • Mayblossom tones enlarged pores
  • Manuka Extract soothes and nourishes

  • I love knowing what's in my skincare. I especially love knowing that, as with all REN products, they include no parabens, sulfates or anything of that synthetic business.

    I've noticed some really positive changes in my skin after using this little beauty from REN. It's made me want to expand further into the REN range as they do a really good job at focusing on different areas of problem skin. As for the Clarifying Clay Cleanser, this is ideal of oily and/or acne prone skin. I have a combination skin, that leans on the side of oily, and find this works incredibly well. I have heard of other cases too however, where people who have a dryer complexion have used this and gotten away with it. It's best to speak to someone in store if you're not certain of your skin type, or are unsure whether this product is for you.

    I got mine for $40.00 at Mecca Cosmetica online.

    Have you used REN's Clarifying Clay Cleanser?

    Rachel x
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment