Saturday 21 September 2013

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Re-formulated


Ok, ok, so we all know that this cult product had a face lift a little while ago. And consequently, the entire beauty world went gaga and it featured on almost every blog/review site around the globe. I don't really intend on telling you something you already know today. I just thought I'd put my two-bobs-worth in and share how I feel about it personally.

If you are interested in the nitty-gritty, Caroline Hirons gives the perfect explanation of what's been improved/added in the re-formulation.

I will say from the off, I have always been a fan of Advanced Night Repair. I have used it as a staple for a while and go back to it after trying other things. Being the poor uni student that I am, I wasn't in the position to run out and grab the brand spanking new formula the moment it hit the stores. I did however, request a sample. (This is such a great way to try out a product before buying - if you don't already, I thoroughly suggest you do. The ladies & gents on the counters are always happy to give you samples.) I sucked the life out of it until there was nothing left to suck. It was at this point that I knew I had to get the real deal. I absolutely adored the new formulation.


I instantly noticed that it felt far less tacky than the previous bottle. The product sinks into the skin almost instantly and gives a velvety soft finish before slathering on your moisturiser of choice. Apart from this, I personally couldn't find much that differed. It smells the same. It looks the same. It's consistency is the same too. I think that's why I liked it so much. There was no radical change to get accustomed to; it's like an old friend vamped up to whole different level of awesomeness.

I do notice the difference it has made for my skin, even though my skin has been having little freak out on its own accord lately.

I really do recommend the Advanced Night Repair if you haven't tried it before. It's luxurious, and damn effective which makes it worth the price tag in my eyes.

I purchased mine at Myer and received 10% when I presented them with a 10% discount coupon that I'd saved for the occasion. That brought my 30ml bottle to a grand total of $85. I was happy with that, cheers Myer! I also got a free gift set that was being offered at the same time that held lots of goodies! You can check out what was in there in my post here.

What are your thoughts on the new formulation for ANR?

Rachel x


It's easy to follow me, find me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment