Thursday 29 August 2013

Eve Lom Cleanser Balm

Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce to you my life saver?
 
For reasons I still cannot place, my skin has been having a freak out of epic proportions for the last couple of months. It didn't matter what I did or didn't do; added or took away from my skincare, makeup, diet etc. I had the kind of break outs I was experiencing in my most pimpliest of pubescence stages.
I have always invested in good quality skin care, but I had to considered the possibility that my skin had changed slightly and it was confused by what I was applying to it. Enter: the Eve Lom Cleanser.
 
This stuff is the original cleansing balm. Vogue magazine quoted it "probably the best cleanser in the world" - so we can assume it has something going for it, right? I did. I'm so very glad that is the case. I've been using it for a few weeks now and my skin is almost back to its smooth, blemish-free self.
 
 
This balm has five active ingredients: clove oil, eucalyptus oil, hops oil, Egyptian chamomile oil and cocoa butter. Each of these oils have a specific purpose, from antiseptic/anti-toxin properties to toning, soothing to moisturising. The box also includes a muslin cloth which is excellent for added exfoliation.
 
This is my first cleansing balm, so I can't compare to other favourites (such as the Emma Hardie balm), but what I can say is that if you don't have a balm in your current routine I strongly recommend you go out and get yourself one. It removes makeup, dirt and oil like nobody's business.
 
 
I use this nightly for my second cleanse, after using Cetaphil as my first. I find that this way I get the bulk of the makeup etc. off before allowing the balm to do its thing. On that note, people who either don't do a double cleanse at night and/or don't use a cleansing balm will be amazed at how much undesirable grime is left on your face. If you find that your toner acts at removing left over waste as well, then I absolutely recommend a double cleanse. My cottonwool pad never has makeup anymore!

The cleanser is for all skin types and is recommended to be used nightly, although they suggest twice a day for congested skin. Eve Lom accompany this cleanser with a weekly facial technique that can also be found here. This ritual is designed to assist in the decongestion of your skin.


It has a reasonably strong herbal smell that I wasn't too keen on to start with but now I just associate it with cleanliness. I also find the smell as I massage it into my face really relaxing.

I truly love this stuff even despite the price - it's $69.30 for 50ml. Although I got it for $68.50 at StrawberryNet.com. Huge savings there!

If you're in the market for a cleanser or have looked at this in the past, unsure of whether to take the gamble - I absolutely recommend it!

Have you tried the Eve Lom Cleanser balm? I'd love to know your favourite alternatives for it too!

Rachel x

P.S. If you enjoyed this, subscribe to me on Bloglovin! It's the easiest way to enjoy reading your regular blogs.

P.P.S. Sorry for such a long post, but I just really had to share with you all my thoughts.

It's easy to find me, follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment