Friday 26 July 2013

Review: Artiste Brush Cleaner

I have been on the lookout for a cheap brush cleaner in a spray that would be ideal for spot cleaning; something I can use to quickly clean off a brush before or after a use so that it's ready to go. I must admit, I'm of those buyers who looks at an item I want to get only to put it back. (What if there's a better one that I'll find in the next section?!) In this case I thought I'd just bite the bullet. I grabbed the Artiste Brush Cleaner without even planning.



 
It was a good thing that they didn't have a tester of this product in store because the smell of it would have seen me promptly placing the bottle back on the shelf and running to the next aisle. It is a strong, quite alcoholic smell that I just felt was very harsh and off putting when first sprayed. But I have to admit, the smell fades from your brushes quickly. As the product claims, your brushes will dry very fast. You could definitely use your newly cleaned brush within 1 minute. (It was reading this on the back of the bottle that convinced me it was what I was after.) 
 
As far as cleaning power goes, I was quite impressed. For a very reasonably priced cleaner, it quickly stripped my brushes of any residue product. My Real Techniques Buffing Brush is always caked with foundation and I would say about 8 seconds of wiping gained the result seen above.
 
I picked up the Artiste Brush Cleaner for $14.95 at Priceline. Not a bad little price for this 100ml bottle, especially for a student such as myself! I'd recommend this for anyone looking for an effective brush cleaner that can be used between uses to maintain hygiene and cleanliness on a budget.

Happy cleaning!

Rachel x

It's easy to find me, follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment